martes, febrero 21, 2006

Living Alone is a Piece of Cake (not Pie)

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the company of real humans, but I also enjoy living alone. I enjoy living alone so much that I am afraid that, when I do get married, instead of a functional "city home" and a relaxing "summer home" we are going to have to purchase matching "his and her" homes. (I am seriously not that bad) I have had roommates, but I think it best for now to not impose my impossible personality on anyone not required by law to abide with me.

So I was sitting (alone) in my living room on Monday morning in my usual spot reading my morning devotion. Something in the passage that I was reading really caught my attention and I decided to read it out. Can you believe that I hear my own voice so infrequently that I scared myself? I literally jumped when I heard my own voice read the passage out loud. Is that crazy or what?
I also find myself increasingly frustrated with the rest of the world for not being able to read my mind and know exactly what it is that I am thinking. I seem to do it just fine, what is wrong with everyone else?