martes, febrero 14, 2006

The Condition of Our World

One of my old co-works had a baby shower this past weekend. I have not seen her in over a year and was very excited to spend time with her. The shower was fun- the guests were questionable. I was amazed and saddened by the people in attendance.

The level of vulgarity was surprising. I mean honestly, it is a baby shower! How many topics of discussion, appropriate for a baby shower, do you suppose require such language? Maybe I am from a different planet, but I can't think of any. I realize that some readers are accustom to what has become "acceptable language"- I am talking way above the realm of such language, and women no less.

One lady in attendance admitted to having an extramarital relationship with another lady's husband. I later found out that the other lady was on her way to the party (and did later arrive). All the while there were two young ladies in attendance following the entire conversation (11-13 years old). What is wrong with people!?

Also in attendance was a witch. Instead of buying something off of the baby registry she brought a contraption wrapped in a plastic bag. It was a glued mess of sticks, fur (?), some kind of hair, metallic paper and paint. She insisted that it not be allowed to come into contact with any surface except plastic (hence the bag). The mother-to-be was obviously not familiar with its origins nor its intended use and asked about both. The giver insisted that it was some special item with powers (the nature of which was not indicated) and that it would all be revealed later that night. She said "just wait until tonight and you will see, you will love it". The mother-to-be sincerely indicated that she would enjoy it, and thanked the giver profusely.

An additional attendant was a very flamboyant (and obviously homosexual) man. He was the only male at the gathering, which is traditionally reserved for females. Now I don't plan on getting into a "comment war" over this, but I believe that a homosexual lifestyle is one of open sin. That said, I believe that it is just that, a life of sin. I don't believe that God ranks sin, it is just all sin. Whether it is a life lived in disobedience or open sexuality. I do believe that some of the earthly consequences of sin vary, depending on the type of sin. But in the end the consequence of living an unrepented life of sin is all the same - separation from God. But I am not posting to discuss theology or to criticize. It was just a reminder to me of the condition to this world. It is sad to see so many people seeking various activities and lifestyles just wanting to find some peace and fulfillment, and finding none. What a wake-up call for us Christians. There are people everywhere that are just waiting to hear the Truth of the saving grace of our Lord. I know that a lot of us are really out there doing stuff, supporting and building the Kingdom. There are just so many people out there....lost and wandering. So sad.

Praise God for His saving grace.

2 Comments:

At 5:09 p. m., febrero 14, 2006, Blogger Carrie said...

Woah. That's a pretty amazing story.

But amen to the end of it all.

 
At 8:12 a. m., febrero 15, 2006, Blogger Tai B. said...

Amazing...definately. I couldn't believe that they were all there at the same time! Is there just a higher concentration of people like that in this area?
The mother-to-be made a video of the shower to show to her child...WHY?!!

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home