jueves, febrero 09, 2006

Leisurely Reading

I am always amazed and in awe (and a tidbit jealous) of those people who are able to read real books on a regular basis. Real books would be those that are not found on a mandatory school curriculum, not published by anyone affiliated with the ABA, nor found on a Bible study list. Don't get me wrong, many books that fall into the previous categories are not only useful but very enjoyable. My point is, where do you get time to walk into a bookstore, or library for those of us on tight budgets, pick a book and actually read it?! If someone knows of a place that sells time please let me know because I want some. ....I take it back. If I had more time I would just fill it with more work. My 1/2 of the first quarter of the new year resolution, is to find the time that I lost somewhere and put it to use reading some good books. Actually, I will settle for just one good book these days. I guess I could cut down on some of the time I spend on my new hobby. Which reminds me I have yet to blog about it!! Here goes:

My new hobby is day trading. I love love love it. I mean I have always had some type of investment, but most of them required little input from me besides my periodic contribution of funds. With day trading I am completely involved. Granted, there are probably tons of other ways to be more involved without being so volatile, but that's no fun! So I called around a got tips from people that do this for a living. I subscribed to a few e-magazines and started reading my Black Enterprise magazine for more reasons then the annual "Most Eligible Bachelor" article. A few hundred dollars later I am hooked. I totally love the adventure of it all. I am surprised at how good I am doing. I think that I better keep my day job (and my evening job), but it is a great hobby.