martes, febrero 07, 2006

Even the Red Cross thinks I am hazardous!

The other day I was at home reading up on my new hobby (more on that later) when I heard an unexpected knock at the door. My apartment is artistically decorated* in such a way as to force one to take a designated path to the doorway. Any attempt to use a non-designated pathway can be detrimental. I was feeling adventurous and decided to defy logic. Needless to say, by the time I arrived at the door I was limping in pain and thinking up new ways to "re-decorate". At the door were two hyper college students. The young lady seemed to have an affinity to the word "like" misplacing it like after like every like word like. The young man obviously had a scissor phobia, refusing to allow a pair to come in contact with his un-kept hair. They said that they were from local Red Cross and wanted to go over some fire safety tips with people in the area.

Apparently some poor soul in the apartment complex had recently managed to burn his unit to the ground, taking 6 other units with it...and tragically his own life. I took their little gift bag and listened to some general suggestions on fire prevention. While one of them distracted my attention the other one peered past the door frame and into my living room. He quickly interrupted his companion and insisted on commenting on my decorating style, informing me that my "Mountain of Law" sculpture (see definition of "artistically decorated" below) was not only an eyesore, it was also a fire hazard. I wanted to yell at him "What do you know? Your hair is so long that it hangs in front of your eyes making YOU a walking hazard!" I refrained, politely smiled and used every last ounce of self-restraint to gently close the door. I like my obstacle course; it thwarts trespassers.
This morning I purchased several floor to ceiling book shelves, after all, burning to death in the name of "art" is not exactly my style.

* By way of definition, "artistically decorated" describes the crafty way in which I deposited the 3 DOZEN boxes containing my California Practice guides into my living room.



<----------------------------------->

Ella Dice:

Un lugar nuevo para mi praticar mi espanol

Estoy muy ocupado con varios cosas. Todas las cosas son importante pero no tengo tiempo suficiente para todo. El problema resuelve: no hago nada.