jueves, febrero 23, 2006

Couldn't Think of Anything

Right before lunch our practice group manager sent me a pretty little email asking me to prepare a patent claims chart and proof the claims. I responded that I would be happy to work on it, and inquired as to his expected due date. He sent back an email stating that he would like it done ASAP, by close of business. Wow. So I step right to it. To my horror the patent has 119 claims, not counting individual claims. gasp

Okay, maybe doing the claims chart between lunch and the close of business was on the brink of possibility. But proofing it too?! In contrast, I have a 47 claim patent that I have been proofing for 1 week, and I am not done yet. Granted, I am not focusing every ounce of my attention on that one, but you get the comparison. It is times like this that I am glad that I have extended a helping hand to many people within the firm. I called everyone that could possibly help me. 4 of us amazingly got it all done and put together. Note to ANYONE that manages another's work load : BE REALISTIC.


I realize that it is completely lame to blog about work, but come on, I have NOTHING else of interest going on right now. So it is either work, random beverages, or nothing.