jueves, julio 06, 2006

Rising Star

I was having dinner with a friend a few nights ago and he made this comment, " You certainly have a way with words. It is like you make me....". I promptly grabbed my ice water, prepped to dump it over his head at the slightest indication that his conversation would turn inappropriate. (I have ALWAYS wanted to do that! Maybe one day...) Unfortunately my water remained firmly planted on the table. He finished by saying that I speak really well (ha ha) but what he really enjoys is my literary genius. All of this brought about by a few emails. I don't think that in the several years of acquaintance he has had the opportunity to view my masterpieces (okay okay, so my blog isn't a masterpeice, but you just wait until I am dead, it will be worth SOMETHING).

Anyway, he convinced me to write an essay and submit it to a local news paper in hopes of being published. I, being one to always seek a challenge, even one totally unrelated to any of my life goals, decided to do it. I never got published, per se. Someone at the paper sent it to someone at the radio. They find it hilarious. It wasn't even a comedic piece. :( Oh well.

It will air soon on one of those ridiculous waste of time talk radio shows. They told me that if it goes by well they might ask me to write more pieces as a regular feature on thier otherwise boring talk radio show. Well the luster of the whole situation is gone, but I might just do it - just to say that I did. Now if they let ME read it on air, that would be fun.
And yes, I DID have a wonderful birthday, thanks for asking. :)

1 Comments:

At 8:32 a. m., julio 07, 2006, Blogger Carrie said...

You have so many cool adventures. I'm envious. =)

And happy birthday!

 

Publicar un comentario

<< Home